Is your PS3 not perusing plates? Try not to freeze as it is a significant basic issue. The accompanying article will give you a few arrangements on the most proficient method to settle the issue being referred to.
PS3 or PlayStation 3 is the successor of PS2, and it is one of the excellent game consoles, which is powered by Sony Computer Entertainment. It offers you some excellent video game console services like online gaming and various multilevel storage mediums. After undergoing numerous modification stages since its launch, it is currently available in three popular models, which are 12 GB Super Slim, 250 GB Super Slim, and 500 GB Super Slim. One of the most commonly faced problems by users is that their PS3 does not read discs.
A few solutions to this problem are given below.
Go to the Manufacturers
- As mentioned earlier, you can fix a minor problem yourself.
If, however, your console is under warranty, then go directly to the manufacturers.
- You will get your problem solved firsthand by a professional (for free).
- Also, if the solution is simple enough, you might be able to understand it and do it yourself the next time, instead of wasting time going to Sony.
- If your console is not under warranty, then this is the last solution you should resort to.
- The reason being, you will be charged a fortune for something that is very simple, and will be made to wait for a long time.
Look for Loose Connections
- Check for loose cables. Switch off your machine, and unplug all the cables.
- Plug all the cables back to their original places, restart the console, and reinsert the disc.
Check for Faulty Disc
- If there are no loose connections, check the disc properly.
- Often, even in our laptops and DVD players, the CD itself has a problem. If that is the case, take it out and check for scratches and dust.
- If the scratches are minor, use commercial repair liquid and clean it.
- For major scratches, replace it.
- If there are no scratches, then there might be a problem with that particular disc itself.
- Try another game, and see if it works.
- If it does, then your earlier game was either damaged or the CD was corrupt. It is also possible that the file format is not compatible with your appliance.
- If that is not the case, then there is no fault with the CD, and you will have to check some other source of the problem.
Reset the PS3
If the above method fails, you may have to use the resetting mechanism. Try the following steps:
- Turn off the device by holding the power button down.
- After this, press your finger on the power button again, until you hear 2 beeps one after the other.
- You will be instructed to plug in your controller via USB, and then press the button again.
- You will see a Recovery menu.
- Select the Restore Default Settings option. Go for the Rebuild Database option as well.
- Your settings would be reset after this. Now, check if the disc is working.
Replace the Blu-ray Lens
- If the reset method fails, your player lens may need replacement.
- If you have been using your console for anything other than playing games (playing music or watching movies), your Blu-ray player lens has probably gone bad. For this, you will need to replace the lens.
- You can take help from a friend, who is an expert, and also use a repair guide. If you are a technology freak, do it yourself. But remember that the steps here are only an overview, and you need to read the repair guide carefully before making any move.
- Buy an authentic replacement lens. Use the Phillips screwdriver as well as the flat blade screwdriver.
- Pull out the power plug. Use the flat blade screwdriver to unscrew, and remove the panel.
- Remove all the screws from the case. Also, remove the data cable ribbon.
- Remove the metal frame of the Blu-ray drive.
- Replace the lens very carefully.
- Fix the drive back, and fix all the screws as well.
- Close the console.
Visit the Repair Shop
- If your device does not read discs even after employing the above procedures, the hard drive itself is faulty. Actually, you can detect this problem while following the reset method itself.
- In this case, you will need to take it to the nearest repair shop.
- Apart from this, other problems like system breakdown, freezing issues, or overheating should also be taken to the repair shop (if your warranty period has expired).
Every electronic equipment has some problem or the other, and the PS3 is no exception. If it is a serious problem, it would be better for you to get it repaired from a professional, as all of us are not experts with the internal working of such appliances. However, sometimes, the problem might be something minor, and we can straighten it out ourselves. If you have used the device for a considerably long period, you can take a new piece itself. So, check the problem well, and then take the appropriate course of action.